TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Z #5
People Seeking Info

Subject Z #5

Posted by Cjw3 on January 17, 2015 at 12:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 821 times.

Message There has been a '96 Black 2+0 NA is the local junk yard for about 8 Mo now.. and I talk to the owner about it every time I go in.

But it's a '96 I mention, and it does not have Varable Cam gears.. and It's OBD2..

Finally the owner made me an offer I could not refuse.. so Out it comes..

All Cars that hit my property, must roll.. ( My Rules ).. so this was a problem.. I was able to get a Trailer I can work from.. so the 'Car' will still roll while it's here.. ( I'm pushing my own rules to the limit on this one )..

We cut the Frame Rails back to Fire wall, to remove the 'Front' of the car, from the nose of the Engine..

I used a Sazall and it took about 1.5 Hours.. Saving some wiring and Front Suspension parts.. and scrapping other stuff..

I was able to Back it under the lift, and 'Cradle it' with straps to get it off the trailer..
 photo KIMG0084_zpsli94ehqy.jpg

We set it down on Jack stands and placed the arms of the lift back under..

It's back up in the air now.. and the Drive line will drop out tomorrow..

Then it goes back in the trailer and ROLLS back to the junk yard where the owner will dispose of the old carcass..

Brakes and wheels were gone.. and no body panels are straight.. but some interior pieces were still there as well as the T Tops..

The drive line will be parted out and spread amongst the 4 Z's that live here..

Real shame that the Dude that owned this car chose to drive home after his party.. Least he was not hurt.. and no one else was involved in his accident.. He stuffed it into a ditch and did an endo through the dirt.. Never touched the tops..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.